Grandpa Ray Outdoors
GRO Gold North VersionGrandpa Ray Outdoors
Please visit your local Archery Country to purchase this product. For any questions, feel free to call, email or click here to submit a question and one of our experts will get back to you shortly!
GRO Gold North Version
After years of research G.R.O. is has now decided to release GOLD to the public. It is the ultimate in 365 day nutrition. This mix is the highest yielding perennial food plot mix available to the public. It has been tested on all soil types and on properties across the United States. Here is why GOLD.
- Aberlasting Clover
- Balsansa Fixation Clover
- Seeding rate: 13-15 lbs. per acre
- Planting depth: 1/8-1/4"
- North April-May, August
- Central April-May, August-Sept 15
- South March-May, Sept-October 15
- Will yield 4-7.25 tons per acre per year, which is 2-3 times the industry average.
- Tolerates temperatures below zero
- Handles heavy grazing pressure
- Can last an indefinite amount of years with proper management practices.
- Is highly attractive to deer.
- Is very drought tolerant.
Disclaimer: You need to have soil pH levels between 6.0-7.0 for optimum growth. This mix prefers well drained soils. You must fertilize properly for the extra growth. This means 2-3 times the potassium is needed compared to average yielding perennial blends. You must clip 3-4 times per year due to the high growth rate of this forage.
Learn all about Fall Food Plots With Grandpa Ray Outdoors on our podcast!