In the state of Missouri, hunters may use shotguns with a shot no larger than No. 4, crossbows, longbows, recurve bows, or compound bows in order to shoot a turkey. Only one turkey may be taken during the first week of the season. If you do not take one during the first week, then you may take two during the second or third weeks of the season, but you may not take them both on the same day. Anyone using a turkey call to assist another hunter must be properly licensed with either a filled or unfilled spring turkey hunting permit. It is important to understand all of the laws and regulations prior to hunting. Click here to view all laws and regulations for turkey hunting in Missouri. In order to purchase licenses/permits in the state of Missouri, click here.
Youth Turkey Hunting Weekend
- April 9, 2022 to April 10, 2022
- Youth hunters who are age 6-15 (Youth may also hunt during regular spring season)
- One-half hour before sunrise to sunset
- One male turkey or turkey with visible beard.
- Youth who take a turkey during the youth season may not harvest a second bird until April 27. This is because the bird taken during the youth season counts as the first bird for the first week of the regular season.
Spring Turkey Hunting
- April 18, 2022 to May 8, 2022
- All hunters with a valid license
- One-half hour before sunrise to 1 p.m.
- Two male turkeys or turkeys with visible beard may be taken during the season, with the following restrictions:
- You may take only one turkey during the first week
- If you do not take one during the first week, then you may take two turkeys during the second and third week.
- You may not take two turkeys on the same day.
Archery Country sells everything you need for turkey season! Check out our selection of turkey calls, ground blinds, hunting clothes, and turkey decoys. Click here to learn all about bowhunting turkeys on our podcast!